These are my links for August 20th through August 29th:
- The Top 50 Social Media Blogs Of The Year – Trying to keep on top of the ever-changing world of social media? Whether you are a marketer, developer, technologist, industry insider, or simply a news lover, this is the list for you. We've put together the top 50 social media blogs for the year that you should check out. These bloggers will help you stay on top of the latest trends and will entertain you in the process. we selected the blogs by grouping them into different categories that our small business owners would find valuable.
- IDeA: Communities of Practice | Social by Social – Communities of Practice for Local Government is a website that supports collaboration across local government and the public sector. It is an institutional initiative by the Improvement & Development Agency for Local Government (IDeA) centred on a specially developed web platform for user-generated content. It is a freely accessible resource that enables like-minded people to form online communities of practice using collaboration tools including blogs, wikis and social networks. It encourages knowledge-sharing and learning from each others’ experiences, and the fundamental aim is ‘helping conversations to happen’.
- Social Graph: Concepts and Issues – Brad Fitzpatrick recently wrote an elegant and important post about the Social Graph, a term used by Facebook to describe their social network. In his post, Fitzpatrick defines "social graph" as "the global mapping of everybody and how they're related". He went on to outline the problems with it, as well as a broad set of goals going forward.
One problem is that currently you need to have different logins for different social networks. Another issue is portability and ownership of an individual's information, explicitly and implicitly revealed while using social networks. As was recently asserted in the Social Bill Of Rights and as has been advocated for a while by Attention Trust Principles, users want to own their personal information – including their chunk of the Social Graph.
- Local Government Engagement Online Research » Blog Archive » Now with pictures & other Twitterati lists!: @Liz_Azyan’s Twitterati Dedication List – People you should follow on Twitter – Over the past few months, I’ve become really great friends with my Twitterati’s . Who knew I’d find really great friends on Twitter, people who could be there for you when things don’t go quite right… – I’ve met most of the people on this list in real life. There are a few people that have always given me support throughout the months I’ve been on Twitter and feel that I’d like to dedicate this post to them as a way of saying TQ so much for all your support on my research and blog! Please forgive me if I have forgotten someone (pls give me a pinch if I’ve forgotten!).
- SemanticWeb – Semantic Web Apps to Watch – This summer the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)published an article entitled "Exploiting Linked Data to Build Web Applications." That led us at Semanticweb.com to ponder, as the web of linked data grows, what are people doing with it? Here are some things we found out